Eye Drop with Manuka Honey + Distilled Water
This eye drop formula has been used for eye infection, dry eye, eye irritation, conjunctivitis, tearing, pterygium, excessive mucus secretions, and other eye ailments.
What honey to use
Raw honey which is pure, totally unprocessed, unadulterated, and unheated. The one I recommend to my students is Comvita’s UMF 20+Manuka honey from New Zealand. It’s a bit expensive, but worth it as it has very high level of antibacterial, antibiotic, and lubricating property.
Follow these steps
- Mix equal parts raw honey with distilled water to make a solution. (I’d use 1 part honey with 3 parts water first to get used to it, then 1:2, then 1:1, if needed)
- Using a glass dropper, drop one to three drops of the solution into the eye. Your eye will sting, even gets red, but these go away after a few seconds.
- Apply two to three times daily until infection or eye condition clears.
- Make a new solution everyday as honey water can get fermented/molded easily due to its high sugar content.
‘Shortly after learning that I had cataracts and scheduling surgery, I heard that honey might cure cataracts. No details supplied. So it decided to try it while waiting for my surgery date. One tiny drop pure home grown honey twice a day. In two weeks my vision had improved drastically, blurries gone and small print readable again. First I postponed the surgery, later I cancelled it. Now 6 months later I am seeing fine print that I hadn’t seen in years. For maintenance I now use diluted honey once day. I am 74 years old.”
–Ulla, United States 18/09/2017 @18:48:22
“After the Lasik surgery, I’ve suffered from dry eyes and have been using medicated eye drops for the last 16 years. My dry eyes were so bad that it gave me a blurred vision, eye pain, etc. My eye doctor even inserted tear plugs in my both eyes some years ago, which didn’t alleviate my dry eyes. After I heard about this honey remedy, I ordered the Manuka honey and started using them. Wow, the result has been fantastic. Just using the drop twice a day for a week, my dry eye symptoms are gone and I can even read small prints. Thanks! I’m so happy about this.”
“I tried this solution for scratched lower eye lid and a white bump on my sclera (called pterygium) from heavy dusty wind, which I had for a few months. Within 4 or 5 days of using this honey eye drop, both of these bothersome appearance/conditions went away.”
More info and people’s testimonials of this eye drop can be found here.
Eye Drop with Honey + Apple Cider Vinegar + Distilled Water
The following eye drop formula is from Stanley Burroughs’ book “Healing for the Age of Enlightenment” and has proven over the years to be superior to most commercial eye drops. These drops have been successful for helping to clear glaucoma, cataracts, spot, film, and growths of various kinds.
(1) Combine the following and mix together:
- 5 parts distilled water
- 2 parts honey (I’d recommend high quality honey like Comvita’s Manuka honey)
- 1 part organic apple cider vinegar (such as Bragg unfiltered; do not use white vinegar)
(2) Apply drops one at a time to each eye several times a day until condition has cleared. It’ll sting for a few seconds, keep your eye closed.
(3) Make a new solution everyday as honey water can get fermented/molded easily due to its high sugar content.
(source: Reference Guide for Essential Oils by Abundant Health)
Note: If you boil the water to make it distilled, wait until the water is cooled off before you stir in honey and apple cider vinegar to keep their healing enzymes intact.
Note from Mimi:
This honey eye drop can help with dry eyes, infection, film, eye irritation, etc. However, if you have cataract/glaucoma, this eye drop might not help, when there are physical/dietary/lifestyle/emotional factors causing this condition.